Born in Lisburn, N.Ireland in 1983.
Chris Park graduated with an honours degree in Fine Art from Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design in 2006. During the course of his study, his interest shifted from painting, to graphic arts and finally rested in photography.
After graduating, Chris established his first photographic studio in Edinburgh where he began to accumulate both clients and reputation as a fashion and portrait photographer.
Continuing his artists practice, Chris Parks photography has been exhibited broadly. His approach to portraiture led to him being shortlisted to photograph Her Majesty the Queen in 2010.
Chris works throughout the UK and further afield according to assignment.
Degree – University of Dundee, Duncan of Jordanstone (Oct 2002 – June 2006)
- Shortlisted to photograph Her Majesty the Queen Elizabeth II, May 10'
- The Sally Schofield Memorial Prize 10'
- RSA Keith Prize Award winner 06'
- RSA John Kinross Scholarship 06'
- StAnza, International Poetry Festival, St Andrews, Scotland. Dualism: Portraits & Poems. 5th - 9th March 2014
- StAnza, International Poetry Festival, St Andrews, Scotland. Dualism: Portraits & Poems. 6th - 10th March 2013
- Hunted Projects, Solo Show, Pepper, Edinburgh, 7th Oct 2012
- Dualism: Portraits & Poems. Arbroath Gallery, Arbroath, 4th June – 2nd July 2011
- Hunted Projects: Tableaux Vivants, Bond No.9, Edinburgh, 21st April – 13th May 2011
- Dualism: Portraits & Poems. Montrose Museum, Montrose, 2nd April – 30th April 2011
- Hunted Projects, Hawke & Hunter, Edinburgh, 24th Feb – 19th March 2011
- Dualism: Portraits & Poems. Carnoustie Gallery, Carnoustie, 19th Feb – 19th March 2011
- SSA Annual Open, RSA, Edinburgh, 5th Feb – 3rd March 2011
- VAS Annual Open, RSA, Edinburgh, 5th Feb – 3rd March 2011
- Dualism: Portraits & Poems. Meffan Gallery, Forfar, 8th Jan – 5th Feb 2011
- 99 Hanover Projects – 17th June – 17th July 2010
- Visual Arts Scotland Annual Exhibition 19th Feb – 18th March 2010
- Society of Scottish Artists Annual Exhibition 19th Feb – 18th March 2010
- 99 Hanover Projects – Photography Show, 11th Feb – 18th March 2010
- 99 Hanover Projects – 3rd Dec – 14th Jan 2010
- Sierra Metro 9th Aug – 30th Aug 2009
- Lamb Gallery. "as it is when it was", 21st Mar – 13th June 2009.
- Royal Scottish Academy Annual Exhibition 2008
- Lower Foyer Gallery, Dundee. Four in Florence, 18th Jan – 9th Feb 2008
- Visual Arts Scotland Annual Exhibition 2007
- Royal Scottish Academy Annual Exhibition 2006
- Royal Scottish Academy Student Exhibition 2006
WORK IN PUBLIC COLLECTIONS
- 'Grace' 06' Duncan of Jordanstone, Dundee
- 'The Individual' Duncan of Jordanstone, Dundee
- Florence Collection 06' Royal Scottish Academy, Edinburgh
- Irish Shorts@IFI: Emergence – Irish Film Institute, 6 Eustace Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, 9th June 2015
- Corona Cork Film 57th Festival – Motion Picture ‘GIRLS’, Director of Photography Chris Park,
Written and Directed by Neil O’Driscoll, 11th – 18th November 2012